BTS JAPAN OFFICIAL FANCLUB MEMBERSHIP RULES
CHAPTER I. GENERAL PROVISIONS
[Article 1] (Definition and Operation of the Club)
(1) The appellation of the club shall be "BTS JAPAN OFFICIAL FANCLUB" (hereinafter referred to as the "Club").
The objective of the Club is to support the activities of BTS (hereinafter referred to as the "Artist") in the capacity of its official fan club in Japan.
(2) The Club is a membership-based fan club operated by HYBE JAPAN Co., Ltd. (hereinafter referred to as the "Company"), with business rights granted by HYBE LABELS JAPAN Co., Ltd. which is the entertainment firm that manages the Artist. The Company operates the Club in such a fashion so that part of its operation is contracted to Moving Crew Co., Ltd. (hereinafter referred to as "Moving Crew").
[Article 2] (Scope of Application of Rules)
(1) The Membership Rules hereunder shall apply to membership application procedures to acquire a membership in the Club, and to any and all such circumstances as may be related to the use of services of the Club and, accordingly, anyone making a membership application shall be deemed to have agreed to the clauses of the Rules hereunder as he or she makes the application. How personal information is to be treated shall be subject to the stipulations given in Article 14 (Treatment of Personal Information).
(2) The Rules hereunder (hereinafter referred to as the "Rules") shall be applied to any such services as may be supplied by the Club via the administration office within the Company that operates the Club (hereinafter referred to as the "Office") (hereinafter referred to as "Services"), and to all aspects of use of the Services by any member as is set forth in Article 4 (hereinafter referred to as "Member"). Any such regulations as may be separately set and be made public for the purpose of supplying the Services shall also constitute part of the Rules.
(3) The Company shall be allowed to change, make an addition to, revise and/or remove the clauses of the Rules without giving any notice to Members in advance whatsoever.
(4) In an instance under the preceding paragraph, the Company shall give notice to Members after the fact by such means as is set forth in Article 3.
[Article 3] (Notice to Members)
The Company shall, as and where applicable, give necessary information to Members by postal mail or e-mail from the Company, by making an indication on a website administered by the Company, or by any such other means as the Company deems appropriate.
CHAPTER II. AGREEMENT ON SERVICES TERMS
[Article 4] (Member)
(1) In terms of the Rules hereunder, a Member is a person that has agreed to the Rules hereunder and paid membership fees, etc. that are prescribed by the Rules, whose membership has subsequently been approved by the Company. Additionally, a Member shall be an individual person that makes a user application in accordance with Article 5, which application has been approved by the Club.
(2) Contents of membership privileges shall be as set forth below: the Company may, however, make a change with respect to contents of membership privileges, and otherwise contents of the Services, without giving notice to Members in advance:
① Having a Fan Club member card issued (only when joining the Club);
② New membership gift (only when joining the Club);
③ Advance booking of tickets*1;
④ Entitlement to request participation in fan meetings and events*;
⑤ Entitlement to purchase goods available exclusively for the Fan Club;
⑥ E-mail newsletters available exclusively for the Fan Club (on a non-regular basis);
⑦ Access to contents available exclusively for the Fan Club (on PC and smartphones);
⑧ Membership renewal gift (only upon membership renewal);
⑨ Entitlement to purchase members-only official BTS goods offered in BTS Weverse Shop JAPAN*2;
⑩ Privileges related to purchases of BTS contents in BTS Weverse Shop JAPAN (for example, advance releases, members-only prices; applicable to some contents only) *2;
⑪ Access to members-only contents on BTS Weverse (photos, sounds, videos, etc.) *2;
⑫ Entitlement to purchase the Membership Kit (once during the effective membership period) *3; and
⑬ Receiving four shipments of "Merch Box," an item offered exclusively for "BTS JAPAN OFFICIAL FANCLUB: Merch Pack" (only shipping costs apply for purchases during the effective period of "BTS JAPAN OFFICIAL FANCLUB: Merch Pack"; shipping costs not included)*4
*1. Advance booking of tickets and requests for event participation will be available only where support is provided by the sponsor.
*1. If there are a large number of requests, lots will be drawn.
*1. Depending on the circumstances of the organization and planning, the Club may be unable to offer preferential treatment.
*2. Limited privileges in BTS Weverse Shop JAPAN that are given exclusively to those who acquire or renew the membership.
*3. The "Membership Kit" is an optional product that can be purchased separately.
*4. Limited privileges that are given exclusively to those who acquire or renew the "BTS JAPAN OFFICIAL FANCLUB: Merch Pack" membership.
[Article 5] (Establishment of User Agreement)
(1) An applicant for the use of Services shall be an individual person that satisfies all of the following conditions:
1. An applicant should be making an application in the individual capacity and is not a corporation;
2. An applicant should reside within the territories of Japan;
4. An applicant should not have already applied for the use, or have registered as a user, of the Services (a single person may not acquire multiple memberships); and
5. An applicant should have agreed that the Club is under no liability whatsoever for the following, due to such circumstances as the applicant is unable to use the Internet because he or she has no personal computer, smartphone or other such device, or he or she lacks an environment enabling the use of the Internet and therefore is unable to access the Club's homepage as is set forth in Article 12, etc.; his or her inability to receive information supplied by the Club, such as information regarding the Services; any delay in the communication of information; his or her inability to enjoy part or all of the membership privileges; or the Club's inability to supply sufficient information regarding the Services;
6. An applicant should have no other purpose than his or her personal enjoyment (for example, commercial purposes or profit-making purposes); and
7. An applicant should not have had his or her membership qualification revoked by the Club in the past.
(2) An application for the use of the Services shall be deemed to have been made by the applicant consenting to the Rules and transmitting the information filled out in the membership application form.
(3) The Club shall be deemed to have approved the membership application by notifying the applicant by e-mail or by other means, after verifying the payment of the annual membership fee by the applicant, of the procedures for the use of the Services, upon which notification a user agreement for the Services (hereinafter referred to as the "User Agreement") shall be deemed to have been established.
(4) A minor shall, when making a membership application, without fail obtain approval in advance from his or her parental guardian or other legal representative and, where a membership application is made by a minor, the Club will deem that the same has been approved by his or her parental guardian or other legal representative and proceed to implement the membership application procedures as prescribed. Even if an unforeseen event takes place in connection therewith, the Club will assume no liability.
[Article 6] (Initial Membership Fee, Membership Fee and Membership Qualification Period)
(1) A membership applicant will have his or her membership recognized as a User Agreement is established as a result of the applicant paying the following amounts of monies by means of a credit card payment or mobile payment, or a deposit made through a convenience store designated by the Club, in the course of making an application; please acknowledge in advance, however, that we may from time to time reject a membership application according to a judgement of the Club, such as judging that the applicant fails to meet a condition set forth in Article 5:
① Initial membership fee: 0 yen and
② Annual membership fee: 6,500 yen (consumption tax in).
(2) The membership qualification shall be effective until the last day of the month in which the date one year elapses from the date of performance of the membership application procedures falls.
* For example: if you perform the membership application procedure on July 15, 2021, your membership will be effective until July 31, 2022.
In order to have your membership renewed, please kindly proceed to pay an annual membership fee for the following one year in the amount of 6,500 yen (consumption tax in) two months before at the earliest, and no later than one month after, the date of expiry of your membership qualification period.
* For example: if your membership qualification period expires on October 31, 2021 and you wish to have it renewed, please perform the payment procedure on or after August 1, 2021 and by September 31, 2021.
(3) Where a Member wishes to cancel his or her User Agreement during the membership qualification period, the Member himself or herself must file a request with the Office, using an inquiry form on the Club's homepage. In such an instance, however, there will be no refund of the annual membership fee, etc. that has been paid, regardless of what reasons there may be.
(4) In the case of a Member whose membership qualification is cancelled pursuant to the Rules, there will be no refund of the annual membership fee, etc. that has been paid, regardless of what reasons there may be.
[Article 7] (Change of Member Number, etc.)
Please acknowledge in advance that the member number that has been set by the Club may not be changed.
CHAPTER III. OBLIGATIONS OF PARTIES TO AGREEMENT
[Article 8] (Obligations of the Company)
(1) Where the Company deems that any such comment or complaint as may have been submitted to the Club by a Member by means of reasonable procedures is justifiable, the Company shall handle the same through appropriate procedures to be performed by the Office.
1. A demand is issued from public authorities, such as the police, pursuant to a law or regulation;
2. It is required for fee payment settlement purposes as a result of the supply of the Services; or
3. It is required for statistics development or market research purposes and information is supplied in such a fashion so that no particular individual person can be identified.
[Article 9] (Obligations of Members (Users) and Prohibited Acts)
(1) A Member shall be under an obligation to comply with any such requirements as the Company may notify the Member of, including the provisions of the Rules, service guides and precautions, and otherwise may not engage in any act that would obstruct activities and operations of the Club, the Company and the Artist.
(2) A Member is requested to use adequate caution in managing his or her member number, login ID and password to prevent access to this information by a third party. Please note that the entire responsibility with respect to the management of the member number, login ID and password rests with the Member. The Member will be held personally liable for any such consequences as may arise from any mismanagement, misuse, etc.
(3) A Member must comply with any such service restrictions as may be presented by the Club.
(4) A Member may not transfer or rent to others, whether with or without compensation, the status or any rights that the Member has as a Member, authorization to use the Services, or any such other status or rights as may arise from his or her membership qualification. The Member may not provide the same as a form of security.
(5) Where a Member becomes aware that his or her member number, login ID and password have been, or might potentially be, misused, the Member must immediately notify the Office. Any damages that may occur from the failure to inform the Office, or from a delay in such notification, shall be incurred by the Member.
(6) In the course of using the Services, a Member may not engage in any one of the activities described in the items below:
1. An act of transferring or reselling, or attempting to transfer or resell, to a third party, whether with or without compensation, the Services supplied by the Club, or any such goods or physical items, services, etc. as may be obtained as a result of the Services supplied by the Club (whether for a fee or free of charge; including any membership privileges) (including but not limited to placing the same on an Internet auction or transferring the same to an acquaintance);
2. An act of transferring or reselling, or attempting to transfer or resell, to a third party, a ticket for an event of any kind obtained as a result of using the Services (whether for a fee or free of charge) or the entitlement to make an advance ticket booking granted by reason of the membership privileges (including but not limited to placing the same on an Internet auction or transferring the same to an acquaintance);
3. An act of making a membership application with the Club with a fictitious name or a name of another person;
4. An act by a single Member of making multiple membership applications;
5. An act of spreading information that is contrary to public order;
6. An act by a Member of planning or implementing the use of the Services for the purpose of obstructing any national interest or social welfare;
7. An act of defaming or disadvantaging another person;
8. An act of transmitting a large volume of information for the purpose of obstructing the stable operation of the Services, or an act of transmitting information of an advertisement nature;
9. An act of spreading a computer virus program that can cause a malfunction of any information communications device or a destruction of data;
10. An act of obstructing the operation of the Services by the Club;
11. An act of infringing on an intellectual property right, or any other right, of the Artist, the Club, the Company, another Member or a third party (including an act of engaging without authorization in any reproduction, diversion, reprint, automated public transmission, etc. of any such copyrighted work, such as a graphical image, screen image, music or text, as may be posted on the members-only website or the Club's homepage);
12. An act of usurping or misusing another person's personal information, member number, login-ID or password;
13. An act of duplicating, or otherwise presenting, on another website, or using for commercial purposes, any such information as may be obtained as a result of the operation, or of using the Services, of the Club in the absence of prior written approval from the Company;
14. An act of posting any obscene object, or establishing a link to an obscene website, on the Club's homepage or members-only website, etc.;
15. An act of engaging in business, propagating or soliciting for a religious organization, or promoting a political organization;
16. An act of defaming or disgracing, or an act that might defame or disgrace, the Artist;
17. An act that voilates or infringes upon laws or regulations, administrative guidance, the Rules, morals or customary practices; or
18. An act of engaging in anything that the Company otherwise deems inappropriate and prohibits.
(7) Where there is any change in the information stated by a Member at the time of the membership application, the Member must immediately correct the member information on the members-only page of the Club. The Member will be held liable for any such inconvenience as may be sustained by the Member as a result of failing to correct the member information, or of a delay in making the correction.
CHAPTER IV. USE OF THE SERVICES
[Article 10] (Scope of Use of the Services)
By joining the Club, a Member may use any such Services as the Club may establish and make available, including connecting to members-only websites supplied by the Club or accessing the contents thereof. The Member acknowledges in advance, however, that the details of the Services may possibly be altered or suspended without prior notice by reason of circumstances on the part of the Artist, circumstances on the part of the Club or the Company, or a force majeure, etc.
[Article 11] (Teleshopping Service)
(1) Where a Member wishes to purchase a product by means of teleshopping, the Member shall make a request in accordance with such individual terms and conditions that the Club presents on a members-only homepage.
(2) In the event that although a request is received, the sale of the product is not accepted because the product is out of stock or the maximum purchase limits are exceeded, or on any other grounds, the requesting Member will be notified by e-mail or by other means. Where the request is accepted, the shipment of the product shall be deemed to be an expression of the intent of acceptance.
(3) A product shipment destination shall be limited within the territories of Japan.
[Article 12] (Post Placed by Member, etc.)
A Member shall be strictly prohibited from engaging in the following acts: in the event that any such act is committed, the Club may subject the Member to forced withdrawal and, if the Club deems that any one of the descriptions in the following items applies to the post written or displayed on the Club's homepage, may also delete the same without prior notice;
1. A Member may, with any such post as may libel, slander, or conspire against, the Artist, the Club, the Company, another Member or a third party, possibly defame a party concerned;
2. A Member engages in actions that are contrary to public order;
3. An act by a Member is deemed to lead to a criminal act;
4. The posting period prescribed by the Club elapses;
5. A Member displays any obscene object, or establishes a link to an obscene website, on the Club's homepage;
6. A problem occurs within or outside of the Club due to a text or material posted by a Member (including information on any business that deals in so-called "pirated versions," or illegal copies);
7. A text posted by a Member contains any information that is not verified to be true, or the Club deems that any detriment might arise among Members as a result thereof; or
8. Any act of engaging in anything that the Club otherwise deems inappropriate and prohibits.
[Article 13] (Services on the Club's homepage)
(1) Any and all of the Services on the Club's homepage shall be subject to the application also of regulations of the homepage administration office of the Club (HYBE JAPAN Co., Ltd.). Where any one of the following circumstances applies, the Club may stop the supply of the Services on the Club's homepage;
In addition, the Club will be under no liability in the event that any loss occurs in telecommunications data, such as any information stored or message transmitted, or any other telecommunications message, as a result thereof:
1. It is imperative to do so due to construction work, such as repairs of equipment for the Services;
2. Telecommunications services are stopped for determinate or indeterminate reasons; or
3. It is otherwise unavoidable to stop the supply.
(2) In the event that in the course of the Services on the Club's homepage, there is any issue with the normal supply of the Services and the Club must therefore temporarily stop the Services, the Club may stop the Services with notice given to Members no later than five days before stopping the Services. The Club will be under no liability for the failure of a Member to recognize the content of the notice during the said period. If there are compelling circumstances, the aforementioned notice period may be changed or be omitted. In addition, the Club and the Office will be under no liability even in the event that a loss occurs in telecommunications data, such as any contents stored or message transmitted, or any other telecommunications message, on the Services as a result of the aforementioned stoppage of Services.
(3) In connection with the Services on the Club's homepage, the Club may, with prior notice given, temporarily modify, change or suspend the Services and will be under no liability to Members or third parties.
(4) In the event that a user engages in an act that violates any provision of the Rules, etc. in connection with the Services on the Club's homepage, the Club may at its discretion limit or stop the use of the Services. In such an instance, the Club may, either for a certain period of time or permanently, prohibit the user from making a connection and may at its discretion delete the whole or part of the contents posted by the user.
CHAPTER V. OTHER CLAUSES
[Article 14] (Treatment of Personal Information)
Any such personal information concerning Members as may be obtained by the Company through the Club's Services will be used, with the entire categories thereof covered, jointly by HYBE JAPAN Co., Ltd. the Company's parent company, the Company's parent company's subsidiaries and sub-subsidiaries, and such companies that have capital ties with the Company (referred to as the "HYBE Group"; when referred to with the Company included, hereinafter referred to as the "Joint Users"), with the Company being responsible therefor, to such an extent as may be required to fulfill the following purposes of use.
In addition, part of the Company's operation will be contracted to Moving Crew Co., Ltd., to which personal information concerning Members will be supplied within the scope of the purpose of implementation of the operation being contracted:
1. For the purpose of contact regarding procedures of club entry, renewal, withdrawal, etc.;
2. For the purpose of supplying the Club's Services to Members;
3. For the purpose of checking the membership registration status or absence thereof;
4. For the purpose of conducting questionnaire-based Member surveys about the Artist, or sending thank-you gifts to participating Members;
5. For any other purpose of use related to the Club's Services;
6. For the purpose of providing Members with corporate information on the HYBE Group;
7. For the purpose of providing Members with information concerning services offered by the HYBE Group;
8. For the purpose of providing Members with information on all artists managed by the HYBE Group; and
(2) The Joint Users may from time to time, to such an extent as may be required to fulfill the purposes of use under the respective items of the preceding paragraph, contract to a third party designated by the Joint Users an operation related to the treatment of personal information concerning Members and, as a consequence thereof, supply personal information concerning Members to the said third party.
[Article 15] (Disclaimer Clauses)
(1) Where the Company is unable to supply the Services due to an act of God, a law or regulation, administrative guidance or supervisory authorities' guidance, an accident, an illness of the Artist, or a force majeure, etc., the Company shall be released from liabilities related to the supply of the Services.
(2) Where the Artist switches management companies, or the contract between the Artist and the Company terminates, the Company shall be released from liabilities related to the supply of the Services.
(3) The Company will be under no liability with respect to any issues or problems in the use of the Services by reason of an event of which the cause originates from a Member.
(4) The Company will likewise be under no liability with respect to any damage due to any such information, material, etc. as may have been obtained by a Member through the use of the Services.
(5) The Company will be under no liability with respect to the contents of any such information, material or fact as may be supplied by the Company, in terms of the reliability, accuracy, etc. thereof.
(6) The Company will be under no liability for any such differences in the level of satisfaction with the use of the Services as may possibly arise between Members due to the individual Member's networking environment.
(7) The Company will be under no liability in relation to any such damage of any kind as may have arisen through the use of the Services in the computer or networking environment used by the Member.
(8) The Company will be under no liability with respect to any act by a Member on another website to which a link has been established on the Club's homepage.
[Article 16] (Validity and Revision of Rules)
(1) The Rules hereunder shall come into force as the same is announced to Members by means of being posted on the Club's homepage or any such other means.
(2) Where required, the Company may revise the Rules hereunder, in which instance the revised Rules shall be announced, with the date of application thereof clearly stated, along with the current Rules, seven days before the said date of application at the earliest and no later than the day before the date of application, by the same means as under paragraph 1.
(3) Where a Member does not agree to the revised Rules, the Member may stop the use of the Services and withdraw from the Club. The annual membership fee, etc. that has already been paid will, however, not be refunded. Using the Services continuously on and after the time and date of application of the revised Rules will be deemed to be an agreement to the revised clauses of the Rules.
[Article 17] (Forced Withdrawal)
Where a Member violates the Rules, or as the Company deems fit, the Company may subject a Member to forced withdrawal from the Club without giving notice in advance. In such an instance, the annual membership fee, etc. that has already been paid will not be refunded whatsoever.
[Article 18] (Dispute Resolution)
In the event that any issue that cannot be resolved under the Rules arises in connection with the Services, the same shall be resolved by and between the Company and the Member through mutual consultation done in good faith. Where a dispute is to be resolved by means of litigation, the parties shall agree that the Tokyo District Court should be the court with exclusive jurisdiction in the first instance.
(Enforcement Date) The Rules hereunder shall come into force on July 6, 2023.